General Maintenance Technician I
5111 S. Ridgewood Ave, Suite 201
Port Orange FL, 32127
General maintenance work at all properties. Requires good organizational and communication skills.
- Changing all types of light bulbs and ballasts
- Basic carpentry work
- Changing filters for all types of HVAC systems
- Pressure washing
- Basic mechanics
- Basic painting
- Concrete and asphalt surface work
- Find leaks, patch and repair various roof types
- Install and maintain overhead doors
- Miscellaneous duties, as assigned
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of general maintenance
- Ability to lift as much as 90 lbs and move in positions such as bending, stooping, climbing, working on scaffolding and standing for extended periods of time
- HVAC Certification and/or Pool Certification, a plus
- Valid Driver's License and possible use of own vehicle
Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K Plan
Assistant Property Manager
5111 S. Ridgewood Ave, Suite 201
Port Orange FL, 32127
Aboard Storage, a self-storage company located throughout the East Volusia area, is seeking sales and customer service oriented Assistant Managers to provide primary support to the Property Manager in the maintenance and operational efficiency of the All Aboard Storage Facility.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
A. Assist the Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of the All Aboard Storage facility to assure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
1. Answer incoming calls by the second ring, provide information and respond to inquiries from customers and potential customers and perform on-site services for customer. - Know the All Aboard Storage sales skills for telephone and on-site inquiries. - Be able to respond to complaints/comments from current, former, and potential customers. Look for ways to improve the facility/performance through conversation.
2. Perform opening and closing procedures including daily bank deposits.
3. Perform reservations, move-in and move-out activities.
4. Rent storage, office, hangar and warehouse space per company guidelines.
5. Handle customer issues in a timely, professional and courteous manner in accordance with the company’s core values.
6. Maintain computer system including both accounting and security systems.
7. Security Computer: check lock outs and over locks daily. - Walk through the facility daily to check for vacant units, security issues and anything out of the ordinary. Report as necessary.
8. Do a complete unit inventory once per week, on the same day of the week.
9. Call delinquent tenants to collect amount owed. - Call delinquents every-other week (no more than this), make notes - did you speak with the tenant, leave a message, did they promise to pay, etc.
10. Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in the office at all times.
11. Maintain a professional and productive environment at all departments worked by being an advocate of teamwork and managing within the guiding values of the company.
12. Assure that the office and storage areas are clean and organized.
- File all paperwork accordingly.
- Clean office and tenant bathrooms.
- Take out garbage daily.
- Sweep office floor; mop at least once per week.
- Clean all office windows; inside and out.
- Perform clean-outs of all vacated storage units.
- Police facility for trash and other debris daily.
13. Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Project Manager or the Director of Storage Operations.
B. Assist Property Manager in achieving financial goals to assure the growth and profitability of entity.
1. Participate in the development and implementation of sales plan.
2. Participate in preparation of annual budgets.
3. Review financial results on a monthly basis.
4. Review quarterly financial trends and make suggestions as to adjustments.
5. Assist in managing overall assets of the entity in order to preserve and enhance the long term value of those assets.
C. Participate in the ongoing process of continual improvements that can be noticed by our customers to assure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
1. Understand the needs and wants of the customer.
2. Make suggestions and assist in the implementation of changes that are aimed at reducing customer complaints.
3. Communicate ideas, suggestions, or activities for your own area as well as other areas of the organization to enhance the overall level of customer service.
4. Prepare and submit a weekend report to supervisor weekly.
5. Participate in the development and maintenance of operating procedures.
6. Participate in the development and execution of the organization’s business plan.
7. Continuously look for any safety related issues as it relates to coworkers and/or tenants and potential tenants. Make changes and improvements in order to respond to all safety concerns If a situation exists that requires immediate action, you will notify the Property Manager, the Operations Administrative Assistant, the Director of Storage Operations or the CEO, if available. If they are not available, you are authorized to take immediate action.
8. Communicate ideas, suggestions, or activities for your own area as well as other areas of the organization to enhance the overall level of customer service.
9. Participate in the development and maintenance of operating procedures.
10. Participate in the development and execution of the organization’s business plan.
11. Complete special projects in a timely manner.
12. Superior customer service as assessed through customer feedback, supervisor observations and adherence to company values and culture.
13. Superior team mentality as assessed through fellow teammate’s feedback, supervisor observations and adherence to company values and culture.